Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mariah To Eminem: "I Don't Even Know Who That Is...If Somone wants to write their little songs, I haven't heard them on the radio



Yesterday, Mariah Carey was live on the phone from New York on the French NRJ morning show Le 6-9. During teh interview, the interview asked Mariah if her song "Obsessed" was about Eminem, she replied:

Le 6-9: So (Your Song "Obsessed",) it's not the question with Eminem?

Mariah: I don't even know who that is. [Laughter] I wrote the song and I'm very happy with it. And I'm happy with my new album. So I don't know if somebody wants to write their little songs. I haven't heard them on the radio, I don't know what's going on with that. They don't seem to play them here in America. I'm not sure so I don't know.

Hilarity! Read more on the interview after the jump*



Le 6-9: It's a great pleasure to have you. The last time we met it was in Star Academy on stage on my show and now we're talking on air.
Mariah Carey: That was fun. I enjoyed it. It's good to speak to you now.

Le 6-9: So we discovered 'I Want To Know What Love Is' your version and we liked it really. Why this song from Foreigner, why did you choose this song?
MC: I don't know. It was one of those things. It's a very R&B album but it's all people can relate to all the songs but 'I Want To Know What Love Is' is just one of those songs I grew up listening to and then I thought maybe it'd be a cool idea to try and do it my own way and add like a little more R&B and Gospel flavor to it. So we did it and we tried to keep the integrity of the song.
Le 6-9: Last time that we saw you on stage it was for Michael Jackson's ceremony. What was your relation with Michael Jackson, Mariah?
MC: We first met a long time ago. I've done a remake of 'I'll Be There' and he told me that he really liked what I did with the song and he was very, very cool and really nice to me. And then over the years we spoke a few times, worked with him a few times in different countries and I just, I feel like it was just such a loss for all of us because he really was a great artist. It's very sad but he left us with so much great music to live with forever.

Le 6-9: We liked your last single 'Obsessed.' We want to know exactly who are you talking to?
MC: I wrote that song for all the people who have ever been in a situation where somebody's obsessed with them and they keep texting them and bothering them and telling people that they had a relationship with them and lying about them. So it's for everybody - all the people in the world who have ever been annoyed by somebody.
Le 6-9: Were you obsessed by someone special, Mariah?
MC: The song is about somebody being obsessed with me or if you really, like I said it's for the other people, so I wrote it for like, let's say there's a girl or a boy in like 8th grade, somebody in that class wants to be annoying and mean to them, and they're obsessed with them, they just keep bothering them for no reason, that's what...

Le 6-9: So it's not the question with Eminem?
MC: I don't even know who that is. [Laughter] I wrote the song and I'm very happy with it. And I'm happy with my new album. So I don't know if somebody wants to write their little songs. I haven't heard them on the radio, I don't know what's going on with that. They don't seem to play them here in America. I'm not sure so I don't know.
Le 6-9: Eminem is a rapper if you don't know him. [Laughter]
MC: Well, I have certain favorite rappers like Jay-Z, Kanye, I take it back old school, we can go on for hours.

Le 6-9: What do you think of Kanye for what he did in MTV Awards?
MC: I was in Toronto at the film festival because I have a movie called Precious coming out so I had to be at the film festival so I was not at the awards.
Le 6-9: You presented the movie Precious in Cannes and people were very happy with the movie and all the press/journalists were very positive with you. Do you prefer now to sing or to act? Or both?
MC: I would say I like to do both. Obviously, I'm always gonna sing but to act is really a creative outlet for me so I'm grateful for that. And I was really fortunate to work with Lee Daniels, the director of Precious because he's so focused on performances and Precious is such good material that I hope everybody goes out to see it 'cause it's a really good movie.

Le 6-9: Mariah, it's the morning in France it's midnight in New York, what are you going to do now?
MC: I'm going out to the club, no, I'm only kidding. I've been working all day. I'm gonna sleep.
Le 6-9: To finish quickly, I want to ask you, what is your phone number?
MC: [Laughs] I don't even know the answer to that question that's the funny thing.

Le 6-9: Very quickly too, in Palms Theatre in Vegas, what are you going to present exactly?
MC: In October? We just did some shows just like four nights ago and it was fun. Debbie Allen did the choreography and she was the show director. She's the star of the new movie, Fame that's coming out and also the TV show Fame back in the day. So it's a new presentation and I think people are gonna like it. It's different.

SourceMariahDaily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...