Monday, September 21, 2009

Shocking/Drama: Keisha "Kicked" Out of Sugababes, Replaced W/ Jade Ewen//Dan Wooton Speaks Out


Sugababes official website recently confirmed Keisha (Original Member of band 11 years) has been replaced by Eurovison star, Jade Ewen. It also confirmed, the Babes will release their forthcoming album "Sweet 7" on November 23rd through Island Records.

Monday 21st September

The current line-up of the Sugababes has disbanded.

Heidi Range and Amelle Berrabah will continue as the Sugababes and will be joined by new member Jade Ewen. They release their album ‘Sweet 7’ on November 23rd through Island Records.

Keisha Buchanan will continue to record for Island Records as a solo artist.


Keisha confirmed the news via her twitter page:

Dear Friends,

I’m sad to say that I am no longer apart of the Sugababes. I’ve had a great time and have achieved more then I ever thought I would. Although it was not my choice to leave, it’s time to enter a new chapter in my life

More after the jump*



I have nothing but positive things to say about the girls and I wish them the best of luck.

I would like to state that there were no arguments, bullying or anything of the sort that lead to this.

Sometimes a break down in communication and lack of trust can result in many different things.

I would also like to point out that I have always supported the girls and they have also supported me.

Remember my drunk pictures out with Amelle, supporting her on her success with Tinchy Stryder… Oh the shame… But what a fun night we had

Now I’m going to take some time to focus on me. I’ve been in this band for 11 years and I have achieved so much.

I have a great family and friends who are behind me 100% and at the age of 24, I’m now going out into this world on my own…

Although im nervous… I’m still very excited on what lies ahead.

I want to thank the Sugababes fans and my fans for all your support and all who have never judged me, but excepted me for who I am…The feisty, funny, professional, fearless, motor mouth… lol

This is not the end… but the beginning!!!!

Thank you always… Keisha xxx



News of the World Showbiz Editor Dan Wootton has spoken out on his Twitter account about the recent developments in the group. Here are some of his comments:

• HUGE BREAKING NEWS: KEISHA WILL LEAVE THE SUGABABES. JADE EWEN WILL REPLACE HER. SHE HAD NO IDEA.

• KEISHA DID NOT KNOW WHEN I SPOKE TO HER ON SATURDAY. SHE ONLY FOUND OUT THIS EVENING.

• I HAVE SPOKEN TO KEISHA. SHE’S OK.

• Keisha was booted out of her own band. She is the voice of this band. I feel her treatment has been DISGUSTING. She did EVERYTHING she could

• The Sugababes management were auditioning members and re--recording the album in LA this week BEHIND KEISHA’S BACK. WTF???

• She reached out to both Amelle and Heidi. Attempted to find out how she could change to make this work. She had never been cautioned before.

• Keisha was told that Amelle is now the Sugababes. How deluded is that? She’s the voice of the band, she wrote the songs. This is WRONG.

• I can report Island Records have bn supportive of Keisha. That’s the good news. This was driven by Heidi, Amelle and the band’s management.

• Keisha stayed in LA to try and work this out. She was prepared to make compromises to the girls so the line-up could stay in tact.

• I must stress Keisha was NOT lying to me on Saturday evening when she said Jade was not joining the band. She did not know at that point.

• The management didn’t want a member who could speak for herself and would not be muzzled. That does NOT make her a bully. I know that.

• I believe management were not happy with my iv with Keisha telling the TRUTH about Amelle’s disappearance - http://tinyurl.com/pg47w3

• Keisha caught the plane to LA with Heidi. They kissed at the airport. But Heidi did NOT stick up for her after all these years.

I'm in SHOCK, That after 11 years of being in the group, being an original member for that matter. they can just up and sack her like that. And shame of Heidi for not sticking up for her, I cant really say that, but just the thought of it, i annoying. Keisha is a great singer and all, but i don't see this solo thing working out, which is a damn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...