Friday, September 17, 2010

Brandy "To Hell With Human"


Brandy recently voiced out her thoughts on her last studio album "Human" in a recent interview with "OUT" Magazine.

Let’s talk about your most recent album, Human.
To hell with that album!

Why? You didn’t like it?
I believe a lot of the songs on that album have inspired some of the fans. In that respect it’s a blessing. But, where I felt creatively it could’ve gone and the space I was in creatively, I needed everybody around me to be in that same space.

What would you have liked out of that album?
First of all, it would’ve been a different album, but with the same inspiration and same blessing for other people. It would’ve been hotter music and a hotter look. Number 1 on the charts! Platinum!

Which brings up a good point. Your career has slowed down over the years in terms of chart success. How does it feel when you’re no longer number 1?
It feels terrible. I say this in the most humble way, but I’m a winner. So, when a winner feels failure, it doesn’t feel right or good. It’s a like a champion who gets knocked out. That’s why I’m so hungry on making this next project about what feels good to my gut. When I follow my intuition or my creative guidance, there’s success.


I thought "Human" was one of her best records, but that being said. Anything Brandy sings is pretty much "AMAZING". I'm so excited for her new record.

SourceOUT.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...